Since the establishment of our Cloud Solutions business unit in June 2011, we have gained significant momentum with the development of our Cloud capabilities. It is with great excitement that today, Dimension Data took the next big step by externally launching our Cloud Solutions and Services.
Whether you’re a service provider, corporate enterprise or just thinking about cloud, we understand that a move to cloud represents a new way for you to consume technology and services, and a method for addressing your IT challenges more effectively. With our enhanced capabilities, we are now able to support you along every stage of your cloud journey, from architecture and strategy development through to the design, implementation and management of private, public or hybrid cloud solutions.
Our initial portfolio of solutions and services includes:
- Cloud Enablement: advisory and consulting services to help you understand cloud readiness, governance, IT optimisation, data centre consolidation and technology architecture;
- Cloud and System Integration: integration services across traditional on-premise IT systems and private, public or hybrid clouds;
- Compute-as-a-Service (CaaS): virtual servers and storage provided as a service in both shared (public) and dedicated (private) environments. Our Cloud Platform Services include a Public Cloud Service, Private Cloud Service, Hosted Private Cloud Service, Provider Cloud Service and Managed Hosting;
- Managed Services: a set of support services, including patch management, device configuration and back-up;
- Advanced Cloud Services: value-added services, including cloud-based back-up and disaster recovery, implemented on our cloud infrastructure; and
- Application Services: applications hosted on our cloud infrastructure.
These solutions and services will be delivered over a global network of Managed Cloud Platforms (MCPs), which are located in each of our five regions. Because all of the Cloud Services are delivered on the same platform, it’s easier and more cost-effective for you to migrate from one cloud model to another as the demands of your businesses change. This also provides you the ability to seamlessly access services in a geography or facility of your choice, while ensuring full visibility, billing and service continuity.