Is your organization doing enough to reduce patient falls?
This quick healthcare update shares safety tips and industry information from the industry experts at the Joint Commission. Core to our solution is the critical process of patient redirect and getting any available caregiver into the patient room STAT!
I encourage those of you looking into this problem to read the October 2014 issue of Healthcare Finance. We learn about a joint study that demonstrates a 62% improvement by practicing hospitals. Here are some of the findings:
- Reducing falls with injury by 50%
- Reducing falls by 25%
- Reduced falls with injury by 62%
- Reduced falls by 35%
Annual costs avoided from falls reduction:
- 200 bed hospital – $1 Million
- 400 bed hospital – $1.9 Million
- Preventing Falls With Injury Infographic
- Article: A New Approach to Preventing Falls With Injuries
- Preventing Falls with Injury Graphic – Top 10 Contributing Factors